Shell FCU is a
Anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school, or regularly conducts business in Harris County can bank with Shell FCU. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you!
The purpose of Shell Federal Credit Union, chartered in 1937, is not profit, not charity, but service to members through leadership that is committed to keeping the credit union strong, aggressive and financially sound.
Establishing a loyal and steadfast commitment to their communities, Shell FCU has improved the lives of thousands through service excellence, community outreach and lasting financial solutions for all stages in life. Programs at Shell FCU deliver products and services, comprehensive financial education and an avenue for volunteerism.
Shell FCU's field of membership includes anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school, or regularly conducts business in Harris County, Texas. With only a $5 savings account deposit, anyone in Shell FCU’s field of membership can experience banking but better. The credit union remains financially strong, proud of our footpath and excited about the future.
Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. When you open an account, Shell FCU will ask for proof of identification. Two Primary IDs (issued by different agencies) or one Primary and one Secondary ID are required.
- Primary ID: Valid State-Issued Driver’s License, Valid State Identification Card, Valid Military ID Card, Valid US Passport, US Alien Registration Card or Texas Handgun License
- Secondary ID: Mexican Matricula Card, Social Security Card, Voter Registration, Valid Student ID, Utility Bill, Major Credit Card or Debit Card with Name Imprinted, Insurance Card such as Auto, Health or Medicare/Medicaid, Property Tax Bill, or TWIC Card
- IDs That Do Not Meet Requirements: Food Stamps Card, Expired Driver’s License, Marriage License, Birth Certificate, Check Cashing Card or Library Card
Have questions about Shell FCU’s field of membership? Request to be contacted.
The ground work for chartering Shell Federal Credit Union occurred January 25,
A fee of $0.25 was set for each person present who wished to become a member. All forty employees present at that first meeting joined the organization. The first official meeting of the Shell Employees Credit Union, Charter No. 1941, was held on February 4, 1937.
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Information Officer
Chief Administration Officer
Chief Lending Officer
Chief Operations Officer
Chief Human Resources Officer
Board of Directors
- Act as the "watchdog" of the credit union to protect and safeguard member
- Ensure that records are maintained properly, honestly and accurately
- Make sure that policies are established according to law and carried out faithfully
Learn more about the restructuring of financial services. These changes could impact credit unions. Speak out on behalf of Your Credit Union and others who are dedicated to helping members succeed financially. Read more...