Home Equity Loans
A Shell FCU Home Equity loan allows homeowners to borrow up to 80% of the appraised value of your home (less any outstanding lien). In most cases, the interest is tax-deductible.
|Product Name||APR*||Approximate Maximum Term|
|Home Equity: First Lien||3.50% - 6.00%||Up to 240 months|
|Home Equity: Second Lien||4.00% - 9.75%||Up to 240 months|
Rates current as
Home Equity Loans can help with...
- Debt consolidation
- Home improvements
- Taking a vacation
- Financing education
- Or for almost any reason you need extra cash
To take the next step, we've put together a Home Equity Packet of information that includes:
- Home Equity worksheet to help you determine the equity in your home
- Member checklist of items you’ll need when applying for a Home Equity loan and other pertinent information about service providers and lending disclosures
- Home Equity Extensions of Credit Acknowledgement
- Uniform Residential Loan Application
- LoanLiner disclosure
- Written list of providers
Complete the worksheet, gather the items required on the checklist and return the information to any branch to begin the application process. And as always, feel free to contact a loan officer if you have questions.
*APR denotes Annual Percentage Rate. First lien up to 60 months lowest rate is 3.50% ($18.20 per thousand) and highest rate up to 240 months is 6.00% APR ($7.18 per thousand). Rates and terms stated are subject to change at any time without notice. Most home equities have no fees or out-of-pocket expenses but see a Loan Officer for details on your specific loan. Financing not to exceed 80% Loan to Value (v) less any existing liens or loans. By law Home Equity loans are only available on primary residences and only one Home Equity loan can be financed per 12 month period.
Consult with your tax professional for tax related advice.